Our Coaches and Families Shared Vision
To provide the best opportunity for your son or daughter to excel in the game of baseball, and to have fun doing it. This is what we do and we work hard to ensure that our ballplayers can achieve their goals to play at the next level, whether this be high school, college, or pro ball.
As we are a baseball “Academy” which places an emphasis on development, it is important that we dedicate adequate time for skill development both at THF and at our outdoor practices. Much of the youth baseball culture is predicated on playing as many games as possible, however, if you are not working on player development, then playing games isn’t helping you get better. As such, we want to find the right balance of practice and games, which we believe is 1-2 tournaments a month in addition to Sunday League games. When tournament play or league play conflicts with practices times, they will replace the outdoor practice. However, when such a case exists, we will do our best to get our work in early at THF or at the tournament/game fields whenever possible. The coach will communicate directly with players and parents in such a case.
Practices at THF
During the course of the season, each of our teams have a 2-hour indoor session on a recurring weekday, a weekly team 1-hour batting practice session, and a 2-hour outdoor session at Dos Vientos, Moorpark College, or neighboring parks on the weekends (when not playing game). Accepting a roster spot with a THF team is a significant commitment for both the player and their family. The player must be willing and able to devote sufficient time to meet all team obligations. The player’s success will depend on their dedication to the program and the support of their family.
Tournaments & Sunday Leagues
Tournament and Sunday League Fees will be passed through to players. There will be an additional $30/player fee for tournaments and $60/player for Sunday leagues added to cover the cost of the second coach for the games. THF will be developing a comprehensive tournament schedule to include local, regional and international tournament options. Please keep in mind that it is our intention to stick to the schedule as much as possible but tournament dates and locations change frequently. The schedules will be updated on TEAM APP as we receive new information so please check the schedule frequently.
THF coaches and administrators will be using the free application “TEAM APP” to communicate with players and parents. It is comprehensive application that allows for streamlined communications and provides real time info for schedules, standings, chat groups, pictures etc. Parents and players are asked to download the application, create a profile. Once your profile is requested, search for your team using the search tool and ask for permission to join the group. The THF Admin will confirm your spot on the roster and grant access to the group accordingly. TEAM APP will be the means of communication, both private and for the group.
Club Team Payment
THF Club Teams dues of $250 are paid on a monthly basis.
- In an effort to simplify our payment process, we are implementing a new payment policy starting on June 1, 2017. This will allow our staff to spend less time collecting payments each month, so we can work harder on improving the programs and services that we offer to our customers.
- Beginning on June 1, 2017 All travel team fees are due on the 1st of each month. You have three options for payment.
- FILL OUT THE CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM (attached) and your credit card will be automatically charged on the 1st of each month (plus a 3% processing fee).
- PAY BY CHECK, made payable to “The Hit Factory,” or PAY CASH. This payment is due on the 1st of each month, however there will be a grace period extended to the 3rd day of the month.
- If we have not received full payment on the 3rd day of the month, a $20 late payment fee will be charged to your account. Additionally, playing privileges for practices, games, and tournaments, will be withheld until your account balance is fully paid off.
- Cancellation Fee: If for any reason a player decides to leave our program, a fee of one month’s dues is applied, unless a written notice is given to Dustin Kelly two weeks before the next pay period. We have this policy in place because your son has taken a roster spot and a two-week period will provide our staff sufficient time to recruit a new player into the program.
THF Club Team players will be provided a Uniform Pack for $386.25 plus tax. The uniform pack includes:
- (1) Pro-style button up game jersey
- (2) Hats
- (2) Dry-fit jerseys/practice shirts with numbers
- (1) Pair of game socks
- (1) Belt
- (1) Sweatshirt
- (1) Pair of white Clemson Cut game pants
- (1) Pair of grey Clemson Cut (OR) knee length grey game pants.
* Please schedule a time to come in to THF to be sized for the uniform.
Q & A
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
If for any reason a player decides to leave our program, a fee of one month’s dues is applied, unless a written email is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks before the next pay period. We have this policy in place because your son has taken a roster spot and a two-week period will provide our staff sufficient time to recruit a new player into the program if necessary. It makes it very difficult for us to schedule coaches, field permits, umpires, and manage the game rosters if we don’t know have control over players ending their membership prematurely. ** The cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
WHEN ARE TOURNAMENT FEES DUE?
Tournament fees are due prior to the tournament by cash, check, or card. If the tournament fee is not paid by the day of the tournament and your child participates in the tournament, your card will be charged that day
WHAT IS THE REPORT TIME BEFORE GAMES?
We ask our players to arrive an hour before each game. Our coaches go through a specific routine to prepare our players to play.
WHEN DOES THE TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE COME OUT?
Tournament schedules are usually two to three days before the tournament. We communicate times and locations immediately once we receive them.
Comments are closed.